25 August 2013

where the plum wallpaper was kind

                                  
                                  STRANGE CINEMA

                                  by Adam Fitzgerald


My ode to failure begins like a girl who awakens in a dream
and realizes the surface of her sleep over ungroomed clouds,
suspected in a vague pleasure of doubt. It continues on then
like a train departing from its track, sluicing invisible foam

and realizes the surface of . . . Her sleep over ungroomed clouds
troubled me. She failed too, the pungent musk of her hair
like a train departing from its track, sluicing invisible foam.
I don't care about any of this. I miss the person inside who

troubled me (she failed too). The pungent musk of her hair
is all that matters in the lobby where I slept, vacantly foraging.
I don't care about any of this. I miss the person inside who
hears nothing but the tracing of loss, some minor addenda.

Is all that matters in the lobby where I slept, vacantly foraging,
your shadow? Like cut pink fruit? A sudden shaft of sun?
Hear nothing but  the tracing of loss, some minor addenda.
Or hear something, if you want, casually, a crevice in a name.

Your shadow like a cut of pink fruit, a sudden shaft of sun.
But that was before, when we could share our fumbled sex,
hearing something we wanted, casually, a crevice in a name,
in a room of lost boots, where the plum wallpaper was kind.

But that was before, when we could share our fumbled sex.
My ode to failure begins like a girl who awakens in a dream,
in a room of lost boots, where the plum wallpaper was kind.
Suspended in a vague pleasure of doubt, it continues on then.




from Adam Fitzgerald, The Late Parade,, 2013.






No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments, please.